Here at the Leaders’ Lounge, we endeavor to bring you stories, news, and information that connect our MPA community. If you haven’t already, you can join the Leaders’ Lounge by entering your email address in the box to the right!
Not sure what you’ll find at the Leaders’ Lounge? Let’s take a tour! In addition to our main posts, the blog has great resources for both students and alumni of the program.
Above, you’ll find a menu of information pages:
- The mission, goals, and history of our MPA program can be found on the About Us page.
- Quick information about the Comprehensive Exam and graduation is available above.
- Visit Important Links to access program, general student, and outside organization sites.
- Valuable for alumni and students, our frequently updated Job Board compiles career opportunities across the country in the government and non-profit sectors.
- Click over to the MPA Calendar for information on upcoming events and deadlines. You can even add this calendar to your own Google account for easy access!
- Networking Opportunities – both for students and alumni – are listed as well.
- Link to our Facebook page, LinkedIn group, and the NASPAA website.
- View the VU MPA photo album!
- Use the dropdown menu and tag cloud to access posts on the blog in a particular category or about a particular subject.
- See an archive of our blog posts and MPA Newsletters.
We asked Dr. Christine Palus why our students and alumni should keep up with the blog. Here’s what she had to say:
“The blog has become one of our most important communication tools. In addition to sharing information about Public Administration events on campus, we feature articles related to careers in public service – for example, best practices and innovations. We see the blog as an extension of our MPA community as well, as we write about students, faculty, and alumni. The blog is a great place to be informed and inspired!”