Upper Merion Township, located in King of Prussia, PA is looking for a highly motivated Associate Planner who will report directly to the Township Planner. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Township Planner in all phases of municipal planning functions, long-range planning, as well as writing zoning and land development ordinances and overseeing economic development activities under the direction of the Township Planner. The Associate Planner will have primary responsibility for maintenance and operation of the Township’s Geographic Information System (GIS).
The Associate Planner will (including, but not limited to):
· Participate and assist in the review of land development and subdivision applications; and in the absence of the Township Planner, coordinate the plan review process with the Township’s Engineer, other departments, the Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors.
· Assist in the drafting and preparation of the plan elements, code amendments and presentation materials for review by the Board of Supervisors, Planning Commission and other boards, commissions and departments.
· Manage Residential Storm Water, grading and erosion control permits including permit review and issuance and inspection of improvements.
· Assist in the preparation and implementation of the Economic Development Plan, as directed by the Economic and Community Development Committee.
· Provide assistant and answer questions related to planning, development and zoning to developers and the public.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Urban, Regional or City Planning; or Architecture or Geography from an accredited college (a suitable combination of experience, education and training may be considered).
· Prior Planning experience desired.
· Superior customer service skills.
· Ability to develop positive working relationships with elected and appointed officials, as well as the public.
How to Apply:
· For immediate consideration, applicants should complete an employment application by visiting http://www.umtownship.org/index.aspx?nid=909 and submit the full job application, cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the close of business on Monday, December 7, 2015.