2016 Northampton and Middletown Township
Northampton and Middletown Township in Bucks County are seeking an enthusiastic graduate student who is looking to gain hands-on local government experience. This opportunity is an inter-governmental internship with the intern splitting half his/her time with each municipality. The intern will assist with the following duties:
• Partner with an Environmental Advisory Council to develop a recycling program
• Assist Department Directors and a Finance Department on the development of a Capital Improvement Plan, Roadway Improvement Program, and Vehicle/Equipment Replacement Plan
• Assist a Public Works Department with gathering GIS data on various inventory
• Work with a Township Manager and Labor Counsel on an update of a Personnel Policy Manual
• Work with Township staff to develop/update an employee safety manual
• Identifying and developing grants and applications for various initiatives
• Develop an employee wellness program
• Assist with public information and social media efforts (Website, Twitter, Facebook, newsletter and eNews)
• Create and implement school and community engagement programs
• Other duties as necessary
The intern will also have the opportunity to be a part of upper-level management meetings/staff meetings, participate in the agenda-setting process, work with department directors, and network with other municipal leaders.
The intern is expected to work 300 hours in the spring semester, or approximately 20 hours per week for 15 weeks, and will be paid $5,000 ($17 per hour).
To apply for this internship, please submit your resume and a cover letter including what you hope to gain from the experience to Scott Sadowsky at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 15. Interviews will be the following week.