Meet Nancy! Nancy is a Professional Tutor in Villanova’s Writing Center who works specifically with MPA students, both online and on campus! Nancy gave us great information about the Writing Center as well as its resources for MPA students!
“Hello! My name is Nancy Margolis, and I have worked as a Professional Tutor in the Villanova Writing Center since 2008. In addition to working in the physical, on-campus center, I work with online students in several of Villanova’s online degree programs, including MPA. Here is some information about the writing center for you:
* On-campus students can make an appointment for a writing conference at the center, located on the second floor of Falvey Memorial Library. Sessions are 50 minutes long. Graduate students should feel free to request a Graduate or Professional Tutor, who may be more familiar with graduate-level assignments. Call 610-519-4604 to schedule your appointment.
* Online MPA students should contact me directly at to arrange for review of their papers. We will determine together if we should meet in my online Adobe classroom, talk by phone, or communicate via email.
* Whether face-to-face or online, the writing conference is an opportunity to receive constructive feedback on your paper while learning strategies that you can apply to future assignments. Your writing tutor can assist with:
– Understanding an assignment
– Brainstorming and outlining a paper
– Developing an arguable thesis
– Identifying areas for improvement in a draft
– Answering questions about integrating research and using the various citation styles (APA, MPA, Chicago)
– Reviewing specific language and grammar questions
* Here are some other helpful writing resources:
I look forward to meeting many of you either in person or virtually!