Are you an undergraduate student who is interested in a career in government or the nonprofit sector? Do you know an undergrad who loves service and/or policy? Come to the Minor in Public Service and Administration information panel! Monday at 3:30 in Driscoll 248!
Villanova’s Chapter of Pi Alpha Alpha invites you…
Career and Networking Panel: Finding Your Vocation in Public Service
Thursday, March 12th
Bartley Hall 2010
Our featured panelists:
- Don Delamater, Township Manager East Norriton Township
- Sarah Galbally, Deputy Secretary of Policy and Planning at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Governor’s Office
- Stephen Robishaw, Grants Associate at Congreso de Latinos Unidos
Are you a new local government manager? An assistant manager or departmental director who is interested in expanding your knowledge?
Consider attending this “Next Generation Training” event:
Municipal Pension 101
Wednesday, June 11
Hosted by the Bucks County Consortium
Talamore Country Club – Ambler, PA
Who should attend?
Stephanie Teoli Kuhls, Township Manager of Middletown Township, says that this training is “designed for emerging leaders in local government and is intended to provide an overview of key topics related to municipal pensions.”
What to expect:
Valuable information from experts in the field! Says Stephanie, “The session will start out with a presentation by labor attorney Ryan Cassidy, who will share information on Act 600 and various legal issues related to pension management. We will have a panel of managers to provide their experiences on municipal pensions. There will also be an Actuary to review aspects of pension valuations and finally a financial advisor to explain the basics of pension asset investment.”
How can I sign up?
For full information and to register, see the event flyer.
Villanova’s ICMA Student Chapter and the Department of Public Administration invite you to join us for a panel discussion:
Interlocal Cooperation to Deliver Municipal Services
Thursday, April 10th
7:15 – 9pm in Bartley 3010
- Ms. Stephanie Mason, Township Manager, Doylestown Township, PA
- Ms. Amanda Ostrander-Serock, Assistant Borough Manager, Borough of Swarthmore, PA
- Ms. Judy Lizza, Township Manager, Chadds Ford Township, PA
Moderator: Mr. Brian McFadden, President, ICMA Student Chapter
Seats are still open if you would like to attend!
Can’t join us in person?
No problem! Watch the live-stream at this link.
Villanova University Pi Alpha Alpha presents:
Finding your Vocation in Public Service
a career and networking event
7:30pm – Bartley Hall, Room 1011
Learn more about a career in public service and have the opportunity to network with multiple professionals currently serving in the Public and Private Sectors. The discussion will feature presentations by the following MPA alumni:
- Matthew Von der Hayden, Project Analyst, Atlantic County Utilities Authority (MPA ’13)
- Hannah Klein, Assistant Grants Officer, City of Philadelphia (MPA ’13)
- Alain Doroseau: Management Consultant, GAP International (MPA ’13)